Trainers and educators programmes
Prerequisite: Presentation and interpersonal skills; have had some experience of presenting information to groups (eg teaching); be open-minded, adaptable to change, welcomes feedback and willing to self-reflect; adopt an interactive rather than lecturing approach; have a genuine interest in wanting to develop officials;have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses; commitment to deliver an agreed number of officiating courses per year.
Duration: 30 hours
Assessment: Ongoing competence based assessment of practical and classroom based Educator sessions. On succesfull completion Educators will receive IRB Trainer license.
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable Educators to deliver IRB Coaching courses.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- IRB Training process & Educator styles of delivery
- Role of the educator & client population
- Learning, competence & assessment
- Designing and reviewing learning
- Acquaint with IRB Officiating courses
- Risk Management
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 30 July - South Africa's Warren Whiteley on winning Gold in Glasgow
- 30 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on the extraordinary 1995 World Cup
- 29 July - Sean Fitzpatrick on his early obsession with rugby
- 28 July - Hong Kong's Dai Rees and first, Zimbabwe's Liam Middleton on the repechage
- 28 July - Pablo Lemoine on future of rugby in Uruguay
- 25 July - Barbados prepare for Commonwealth Games in Sutton Coldfield
- 23 July - Development of rugby in Colombia
- 22 July - The Netherlands team profile
- 21 July - In-depth look at rugby in Russia