Trainers and educators programmes
Prerequisite: Presentation and interpersonal skills; have had some experience of presenting information to groups (eg teaching); be open-minded, adaptable to change, welcomes feedback and willing to self-reflect; adopt an interactive rather than lecturing approach; have a genuine interest in wanting to develop officials;have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses; commitment to deliver an agreed number of officiating courses per year.
Duration: 30 hours
Assessment: Ongoing competence based assessment of practical and classroom based Educator sessions. On succesfull completion Educators will receive IRB Trainer license.
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable Educators to deliver IRB Coaching courses.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- IRB Training process & Educator styles of delivery
- Role of the educator & client population
- Learning, competence & assessment
- Designing and reviewing learning
- Acquaint with IRB Officiating courses
- Risk Management
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 10 September - Chris Robshaw on his career so far
- 09 September - Strength and Conditioning, Behind-the-scenes
- 08 September - Kit man, Behind-the-scenes
- 07 September - Injury Prevention, Behind-the-scenes
- 06 September - Club Chef, Behind-the-scenes
- 05 September - Harlequins Head Coach John Kingston, Behind-the-scenes
- 03 September - Gavin Hastings 'Tackle These'
- 02 September - Ollie Phillips sailing
- 01 September - Robins Tchale-Watchou profile