Trainers and educators programmes
Prerequisite: Presentation and interpersonal skills; have had some experience of presenting information to groups (eg teaching); be open-minded, adaptable to change, welcomes feedback and willing to self-reflect; adopt an interactive rather than lecturing approach; have a genuine interest in wanting to develop officials;have appropriate rugby knowledge, skills and experience to be able to deliver specific courses; commitment to deliver an agreed number of officiating courses per year.
Duration: 30 hours
Assessment: Ongoing competence based assessment of practical and classroom based Educator sessions. On succesfull completion Educators will receive IRB Trainer license.
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable Educators to deliver IRB Coaching courses.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- IRB Training process & Educator styles of delivery
- Role of the educator & client population
- Learning, competence & assessment
- Designing and reviewing learning
- Acquaint with IRB Officiating courses
- Risk Management
- 20 April - Tyler Ardron and Jeff Hassler look back on playing for Canada at the Junior World Rugby Trophy
- 19 April - Titi Lamositele Feature
- 18 April - Raef Morrison on living in Hong Kong and playing Sevens and Fifteens for the country
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show
- 14 April - Benji Marshall interview