Officials Level 2 - Developing officiating skills
Prerequisite: Participants have at least refereed one season in their domestic competition
Duration: 16 hours
Assessment: There are two options:
1. Provision of certificate for full attendance
2. For accreditation: attendance and participation in all modules; achievement of satisfactory practical assessment; achievement of 80% in open book Law test; submission of a officiating diary.
Course outline: The purpose of this course is to enable officials to develop skills to officiate safe, enjoyable competition.
The course focuses on the following aspects of the game:
- Principles of Attack and Defence
- Key factor analysis of unit skills
- Workshop on the representative game in your country
- Refereeing principles
- Referee support
- Fitness basics
- Responsibility and commitment
- Risk Management
- Consistent application
- Touch Judging
- Foul play
- Open Play
- 01 October - Avan Lee, IRB General Manager for sevens on the upcoming Sevens World Series
- 01 October - Andrea Masi profile
- 30 September - Richard Hill on the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final
- 29 September - Russia's Vasily Artemyev on the first leg of their RWC qualifier against Uruguay
- 29 September - Conrad Smith on his career
- 28 September - Jean de Villiers 'Tackle These'
- 27 September - Sam Warburton 'Tackle These'
- 26 September - Uruguay captain Nicholas Klappenbach
- 26 September - (RWC Memory) Jonny Wilkinson 2003 drop-goal
- Listen to this week's Total Rugby show